Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Reviewer calls A Fine Likeness "Historical Horror at its Finest"

Well this made my morning! My Civil War novel A Fine Likeness has received another four-star review. This time it's from Scott over at the Indie Book Blog., who is designated as a Top Reviewer at Amazon. He was kind enough to put his four-star review up on Amazon, Amazon UK, and Goodreads.

(by the way, I'm always happy to connect with readers on my Goodreads page)

He says, "Sean has written several books about the Civil War the history of Missouri, so he has a lot of knowledge to share. The book is very well done using actual people (Bloody Bill) who were involved with the War in the area to add a layer of realism to the story. He does such a wonderful job with the weapon descriptions and battle detail that the book really comes alive. I had some interest in this time period in high school so it appealed very much to me. This is the only book like this I have ever read so I don't have anything to compare it to, but if he writes any more like this I will read them"

You can read the entire review here.

1 comment:

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.