Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

COMMANDO makes for damn good reading

While I'm here in Iraq, I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Jack Badelaire of the Post-Modern Pulps blog. I read his novel Commando just before leaving. My head was getting full of all the Iraqi archaeology and politics I'd been reading and I needed to take a break.

Commando is an action novel set in World War Two. I'll write a full review later (I'm a bit busy right now) so let me just say that's it's an action-packed ride that catches the era and the men's action genre very well. Check it out!

Was reading a novel filled with gory fatalities a good idea before coming to a war-torn region with no flak jacket or firearm? Nah, probably not, but I didn't care. I was too entertained! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sean, this post absolutely made my day. Thanks for the shout-out, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.