Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Midlist Writer blog, where he talks about writing, adventure travel, caving, and everything else he gets up to. He also reproduces all the posts from Civil War Horror, so drop on by!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Helping out a writer in need

Some of you may be familiar with the blog Writing in the Crosshairs, written by author Roland Yeomans. If you don't read Roland's blog regularly you might have missed the fact that he's going into cancer surgery today.

I was trying to think of a way to cheer him up all the way over here in Spain and hit upon a buy-a-thon for his books. I've been reading Her Bones are in the Badlands and enjoying it immensely since it's set on a silent film set and I'm a fan of early movies. Today I bought French Quarter Nocturne, in which some strange beasts arise in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. This one should be interesting because Roland is not only a cancer survivor, but also a Katrina survivor.

So if you'd like to read some interesting speculative fiction and make a writer's day, check out his Amazon page. What could cheer a writer up more than coming out of surgery and finding his Amazon rankings have shot up?

5 comments:

  1. Excellent Sean, I sent Roland an email this morning. I am reading French Quarter Nocturne now, as well, and have to read Her Bones are in the Badlands next. I know I'll like that one.
    Great way to support a friend and fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I'm heading to Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're getting a great response so far and Roland already stopped by my blog and saw the comments. Hope he see sales as well. And of course, pray everything goes well with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for him. I had no idea -- he's a good twitter buddy.

    Will head over to Amazon, and give his books a shoutout on my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sean .. I did just that ... and have kept in touch with Roland. I'm looking at the very excellent audible offer - he's doing if we've bought the Kindle books - I now have lots of Roland reading to do!

    Cheers and he does seem to be healing .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Feel free! No anonymous comments allowed, though. Too many spammers and haters on the Internet.